Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Sweet Escape


Most of you know that I’m a gym rat, so this post is dedicated to my love of fitness  ;)

Its Tuesday morning, I’ve just returned from a 45 min run, and it was awesome. As most of you can probably relate, life can get pretty crazy – work, family, friends, bills, it can all wear you down and stress you out.

Back in high school I started running track, and I’ve tried to carry on that fitness lifestyle with me. However, school and work put that on hold for a while. When I moved to Los Angeles some 7 years ago (has it really been that long), I noticed that fitness was definitely the craze.  Everywhere I went people looked so fit and healthy. I’m sure it was mostly the ‘Hollywood’ image that people were trying to maintain, but it actually inspired me to workout again with the dedication I used to have. And as work got hectic I realized I needed some balance, something to get my mind off of the everyday grind.

It’s interesting because our health and well-being are the foundation to everything we do. If you don’t have your health, well you know the rest. But for me, fitness has been my escape when I need one. Regardless of what’s going on in my life I know I can always put on my tennis shoes and go for a run or head to the gym for an hour. And while there are days when I’d rather lay in bed and watch Grease, Lifetime movies, and re-runs of Law & Order SVU, my workouts will always give me a break from reality (and allows me to maintain my figure ha-ha). 

So shout out to my Runyan Canyon accomplices, who journey with me up that hike and sweat it out (Shawn, Dee, Teri, Aunt J, MJ) my spinning classes that burn my buns, yoga poses that stretch me out, and the weight room where guys always give me the side eye like I don’t belong there. Thank you fitness for being there for me when I need you; I’ll see you tomorrow. Smooches ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment