Friday, October 7, 2011

The Value of YOU


The Value of YOU

It’s been a loooong while since I’ve written here. My intention when I started this blog was to write regularly about life and all of its experiences. Well I took a long break to LIVE life, but I’m ready to start writing again, and express the beauty and chaos of it all. Let the journey begin….

Its Friday morning, I’m watching the sun rise and reflecting on my life since being in California. Boy has it been a journey, almost 8 years now, wow! I’ve experiences so much in this time and the lessons I’ve learned have taught me so much about myself. Over the years I’ve struggled with relationships, career choices, and just being happy with who and where I am in life. In my growth the most important thing I’ve learned is that I have to value myself before anyone else will. Whether it be a job, romance, friendship, it is so vital that we understand our value.

At times I’ve been so giving of myself to others to the point where I almost forget about myself, making sure other people are content and happy in their journey. However, God has a way of revealing profound messages to us, if we stop and listen. I think I’ve had select hearing over the year’s lol, but recently I’ve had some experiences that have awakened my sense of self-awareness and value.

The level of importance I place on my own well-being and happiness should far surpass the energy I put forth to others. It has always been my nature to put others first, but I’m now realizing I have to take care of ME first and then everyone else. Its time for me to listen again, fully, and be receptive of life lessons that I may be receiving, following my gut when I feel something is wrong, being still and allowing situations to move at their own pace even when I wish they would hurry up and be where I want them to be. Patience, understanding, and having a strong sense of what is real versus what I would like to be real. I know that I am constantly growing and evolving into the Monique I am destined to be, but its time for me to be more aware of my value. Today I am declaring that I take responsibility for my own well being first and never discount my own worth, pursuing MY passion and fulfilling true happiness in its purest sense. Realizing that I’m worth more than what others may be able to give at times, and at times I may have to decide that what others may be offering is not good enough for me.

We all have to honor ourselves before anyone else will. You are incomparable, you are the prize, you are the gift that should be cherished and celebrated. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Revel in your own being. YOU are priceless.

LIVE fully today and honor yourself by excelling beyond your own limitations, YOU are the only barricade between making your dreams reality.

- I'm ready for today, and each day that follows…here comes the sun ;)

xoxo Monique*


No comments:

Post a Comment